EOSC Association seeks Project Officers to Task Forces
To support the important work of the Task Forces in general and the Co-Chairs in particular, the EOSC Association is seeking to engage Project Officers, 2,5 FTEs in total, part- or full-time, who will be seconded to the EOSC Association for a limited period of time. The intention is that the TF Project Officers stay employed in their home institutes, which will remain their places of work. The time the Project Officers are working for the Task Forces will be specified in a dedicated contract between their home institutes and EOSC-A and remunerated by the EOSC Association. The functional reporting will be to the Secretariat of the EOSC Association, the line and administrative reporting will remain to the respective home institute. The secondment can start as soon as possible and is limited until the end of 2023. A prolongation can be considered.
Each TF Project Officer will support several TFs, which can belong to different Advisory Groups (see https://www.eosc.eu/advisory-groups).
The 13 Task Forces (TF) with their over 400 members are the brain pool of the EOSC Association and the key source of advice for the EOSC-A Board of Directors. They represent the core of the community input for the creation of the European Open Science Cloud.
Each Task Force consists of 30 to up to 90 volunteers, who contribute their time and expertise free of charge to the EOSC Association. Each TF is led by a team of mostly two Co-Chairs.
In your role as Project Officer you will be the center of coordination between the Task Force members, Co-Chairs, EOSC Association Board and Secretariat. You will support with:.
- Agenda setting and management
- Minutes taking and distribution, including maintaining and following-up of the action list
- Updating the respective EOSC Forum pages producing news and other messages to ensure a seamless flow of information
- Document coordination, proofreading, and distribution
- Help with TF webinar planning and execution
- Implement a common Task Force Meeting and Reporting structure
- Facilitating the report of Task Force achievements, needs and challenges to the EOSC Association Board and Secretariat by preparing brief monthly summaries
The following skills and experience qualify you for your new role as EOSC TF Project Officer:
Your general skills set and expertise:
- Previous involvement in EU or nationally funded research projects delivering complex technical solutions;
- Structured work methodology with focus on timely delivery of job tasks
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office or Google Docs and Slides Applications o Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong awareness of the EOSC and Open Science ambitions with technical knowledge in some of the EOSC technical themes as defined in the SRIA;
- Strong collaboration and networking skills;
- Good Knowledge of Zoom Video Conferencing setup and meeting management o Knowledge about Zoom Webinar / Event Platform
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
To be successful and perform well in this position you are:
- Self-motivated, objective driven with ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate a high-level of perseverance and persistence in achieving your goals
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Committed to meeting deadlines
Mandatory requirements are:
- Academic degree in a subject relevant to the portfolio of responsibilities, e.g., computer science, ICT Management or similar experience;
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and the decision-making processes, as well as policy areas relevant to the topic such as Research and Innovation, Open Science, the Digital Single Market;
- Experience in facilitating, coordinating and leading cross project multi stakeholder international projects and working groups;
- Experience working in a multicultural, international context;
Workplace & Remuneration
You will work remotely based at your host organization, and your organization will be compensated for your time in accordance with a contract between EOSC Association and your host organization.
Contract duration is min. 1 year with option for extension.
Please submit your application consisting of a cover letter specifying your scope of potential commitment, CV, and endorsement letter by your manager to email@example.com by 15th of September 2022.